THE LATEST CONNECTED CAR INSURANCE REPORTS, ARTICLES AND STORIES AVAILABLE HERE
The content hub for all news stories, articles, updates and reports focused on connected car insurance.
Swiss Re ADAS risk score
On the path to fully autonomous vehicles, cars are already becoming increasingly self-driving. Understanding how ADAS fitted vehicles perform in traffic is critical and therefore, it makes sense to shift the focus from the driver to the car itself.
How to secure this knowledge?
- Partnering with car manufacturers worldwide, we know what safety systems are fitted into vehicles and how effective they are in protecting both vehicle and its passengers as well as other road users.
- Built on robust statistical methodologies, Swiss Re ADAS risk score gives a clear indication of how the safety performance of a vehicle is affected by its ADAS equipment.
- This score allows insurers to accurately reflect technological improvements in their tariffs and underwriting activities.
- Simultaneously, it allows car manufacturers to receive valuable feedback on their safety systems which can be used to improve performance.
- Thanks to a backward- and forward-looking evaluation of the risk and by partnering directly with car manufacturers, Swiss Re is capable of scoring vehicles even before their market release, hence avoiding any time latency in updating the risk evaluation of new systems.
Technologies such as ADAS can dramatically reduce road casualties and develop a safer mobility future. By encouraging customers to purchase ADAS enabled vehicles, accidents will be reduced, building a more resilient world.
CONNECTED CAR INSURANCE USA 2020 SURVEY RESULTS EBOOK NOW AVAILABLE
In the run-up to Connected Car Insurance USA 2020 we asked you, our valued audience, what you think is the Future of Automotive Insurance. We were overwhelmed by the response! Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.
NEWS & ANALYSIS
Judging the Insurance Risks of Connected Cars
Judging the Insurance Risks of Connected CarsRead the full article
Hardware-Free Driver Behavior App Launched
Hardware-Free Driver Behavior App LaunchedRead the full article
Insurers Offered AI Risk Tool for Electrified Vehicles
Insurers Offered AI Risk Tool for Electrified VehiclesRead the full article
Arity Says Insurers Not Considering AV Risk
Arity Says Insurers Not Considering AV RiskRead the full article
Insurance Risks Same for Car Subscribers, Research Claims
Insurance Risks Same for Car Subscribers, Research ClaimsRead the full article
UBI Will Find Room to Grow But it Will Take Time
UBI Will Find Room to Grow But it Will Take TimeRead the full article
The True Cost of Distracted Driving to Insurers
Thanks to our event sponsor Arity for allowing us to share this fantastic whitepaper on The True Cost of Distracted Driving to Insurers.
Download your copy to find out how to:
- Distracted driving is more of a problem than you think
- Why is it so hard to stop using our phones?
- Insurers can make a significant difference
- Your key to influence: mobile phone telematics data
- Six steps for insurers to measure distracted driving and help reduce the associated losses
- Translating telematics for effective rates
Simply click on the button below for access.